Qualifications and Dues
The Vice President of Membership shall approve all applications for membership. Full payment of dues is required upon submittal of application. Annual dues of $85 for “Local Only” members pay for a rolling calendar year beginning when membership is accepted and lasting for one year from that date. National SHRM members pay $40 to be affiliated with the El Paso Chapter. Membership is on an individual basis only. EPSHRM does not provide corporate or institutional memberships.
Membership Levels Qualification
Professional membership shall be limited to those individuals who are engaged as one or more of the following:
- practitioners of human resource management at the exempt level for at least three years;
- certified by the Human Resource Certification Institute;
- faculty members holding an assistant, associate, or full professor rank in human resource management or any of its specialized functions at an accredited college or university and have at least three years of experience at this level of teaching;
- full-time consultants with experience practicing in the field of human resource management; and/or
- full-time attorneys with experience in counseling and advising clients on matters relating to the human resource profession.
Professional members may vote and hold office in the Chapter.
Individuals in non-exempt human resource management positions as well as those individuals who do not meet the qualifications of the other classes of membership, but who demonstrate a bona fide interest in human resource management and the mission of EPSHRM.
Associate Members may not vote or hold office in the Chapter.
Individuals who are:
- enrolled either as full-time or part-time students, at freshman standing or higher;
- enrolled in the equivalent of at least six (6) credit hours;
- enrolled in a four-year or graduate institution and/or a consortium of these or a two-year community college with a matriculation agreement between it and a four-year college or university, which provides for automatic acceptance of the community college students into the four-year college or university;
- able to provide verification of a demonstrated emphasis in human resource management subjects, and
- able to provide verification of the college or university’s human resources or related degree program.
Student Members may not vote or hold office in the Chapter and shall retain student status until the end of their membership year.
O2O Military Community Member
Onward to Opportunity Military Community Membership:
- Open to all past and present Onward to Opportunity (O2O) participants from the military community.
- Applicants should have a demonstrated emphasis on Human Resources certification coursework or career goals.
- Reduced cost of membership to $55.00 for local only members and $20.00 for national members with national membership number.
- Subscription period 1 year.
Honorary and Retired Lifetime Members:
Any member in good standing, who has held the office of President for 12 consecutive months, may be awarded by the Executive Board an Honorary Lifetime Membership. This membership is prior to one becoming a Retired Lifetime Membership. Any member in good standing who meets the eligibility requirements as a General Member may, at the time of retirement from active employment, apply for membership as a Retired Lifetime Member. Annual applications must be submitted and approved by the Vice President of Membership. The Vice President of Membership will submit changes to Honorary and Retired Lifetime Membership to the Executive Board for review.
Bulk Member Discounts
Local Member Only Discount Structure:
- 1-5 members (all at once) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium)
- 6-10 members (all at once) get 10% discount off membership price (up to $85) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium)
- 11+ members (all at once) get 20% discount off membership price (savings starting at $187) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium
National SHRM Member Discount Structure:
- Will receive 47% discount for local membership ($40 instead of $85) for every one new membership
- Up to 5 members (all at once) receive a 10% membership discount ($20) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium)
- 6-10 members (all at once) receive a 20% membership discount (savings starting at $80) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium)
- 11+ members (all at once) receive a 30% membership discount (savings starting at $132) and get 50% off a monthly meeting (not including legal seminar or symposium)